Thursday, July 7, 2011

Catching Up in Xiaoshan- June 19th - 23rd


Day 22 – June 19th
I’m locked inside my apartment.
Turns out if you lock the outside cage door you really do turn the apartment into a cage. Eff… Thank god Sarah came back for her lunch break. We ended up heading out to the noodle house where we met a fellow foreigner from Cali. Apparently he also teaches English at a nearby institute. What are the chances?
With it being my day off I spent my time revising Matt and I’s university class then played Harvet Moon and some Pokemon.
My schedule for next week is kind of inconvenient. I don’t have the consecutive days off.
Day 23 – June 20th
BOOOOOORED DAY OFF. AAAAAAAAH
Day 24 – June 21st
Taught my first class at Nokia. This was my only class and was at 6:30 pm. Class seemed pretty cool. Most of the students don’t have an English name.
Taught my first class at Nokia. This was my only class and was at 6:30 pm. Class seemed pretty cool. Most of the students don’t have an English name, which makes pronunciation for me a little interesting. I’m butchering their names and I don’t even remember all of them. One of the students (quite possibly the youngest) asked me what I do on the weekends. I’m curious as to why he asked. 
Day 25 – June 22nd
Day off = lazy. Heat = lethargic and anti-movement. Thank god for books and my DS.
Day 26 – June 23rd
Annika got into contact with me today and tried to figure out a time to come out and visit me here in Xiaoshan. Kind of fell through because of the lack of decent directions and time in general before I was supposed to teach classes.

I was supposed to teach my Nokia class again but it turns out that J.C. switched me with his business class with Jenni. Either way not a bad switch I would get back to the apartment half an hour later but it would be for a good reason.

Jenni is one of the best students I’ve had aside from the Nokia group. I ended up teaching about entertaining clients, which she already seemed to know about but had other questions that were actually related to what the unit taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment