Saturday, June 16, 2012


White mushrooms


boneless, skinless chicken breasts


a lot of chopping


A LOT of chopping. It definitely didn't help that the knife I was using was quite poor.







We started on the sauce/filling for the pies. It basically required us to fry up the mushrooms in oil, add in some flour, then slowly pour in the chicken broth.




Very slowly pour a cup and a fourth of chicken broth while stirring. This was definitely a 2 person project as I am still unsure of my own cooking prowess.






oh and a sprinkle of Thyme.

hmm... Thyme... what an odd name for an odd seasoning/spice. It really is a pain to pronounce. Makes me feel like a fool. "I think we put in too much time."






Regardless the filling turned out awesome.














The ever so glamorous Val catering plate was to measure out an approx. 6in diameter circle. 









Gotta slice little vents into the pie tops and brush on the beaten egg onto the tops as well. Definitely didn't have a brush so we used a fork.


and Voila!


I think it turned out really well. They were quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment