Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pancakes and Benefits

So I have to say, my job at CONNECTIONS is AWESOME.

As a part of a summer recruitment effort we went around the schools advertising a family skate at Interskate 91 in Hampshire Mall, Amherst, MA. 

We were expecting a bigger turnout but we still had a great time as did the kids. We even had families who came by whose middle schoolers didn't want to go. 


Interskate 91 had some fun decorations on their ceilings and I really wanted photos of them.


The presents were quite the... SURPRISE. 

I was unable to take more photos due to particular reasons I won't go into and the dangers of skating and photographing. You just don't do that. People get hurt and that includes yourself.

So in lieu of a short blog I present Pancakes at Puffer's Pond


We got a fairly large group to go to the Puffer's Pond pancake bonanza. It was all you can eat pancakes for 8 dollars at Mill River Recreation Area/Park. 


We arrived a little after 9 am and the line wasn't too bad. Though the smell of the pancake storm that was brewing made the wait all the worse.


Our voucher/ticket to pancakes was a plate. It was cute and certainly made people take efforts to reuse their plates. 


Augh waiting!


So close and yet so far awaaaaaaay


but we'll waaaaait. we'll wait and then we'll geeeeeet...




geet our pancaaaaaaakes.


When we left the Puffer's Pond benefit we hit up Holyoke Mall and a bit of grocery shopping at Stop n Shop. When I returned the trusty school van I saw a rare site in the parking lot...


I needed to get closer.


THE BAT MURAL MOBILE


No comments:

Post a Comment