Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Very Own Honeydukes


Recently purchased the Unofficial Harry Pottrr cookbook in the hopes of trying something different.

I'm hoping to learn how to cook for myself so I don't rely on restaurants/fast food as much.




So as any sane person would do, I got a friend to help and we picked out a dessert to try first.
That dessert being an 8 serving Treacle Tart recipe.

It requires a lot of flour... (2 and 1/2 cups), confectioner's sugar (1 cup), salt (1/2 teaspoon), eggs (2 large, yolks and all) and 2 sticks of butter all for the crust alone.
























It requested the use of a food processor of which we did not and continue to not have in our rather poorly stocked kitchen.

It had confectioner's sugar of all random things but no vanilla extract, cutting boards, oven mitts, and the list goes on.



Despite those happy faces we were quite tired and flustered at our own efforts to butcher this recipe into some semblance of awesome.






Note to self... buy a pastry masher tool thing. I forget what they're called but I like to think of it as a baker's wolverine claw.




















At the end of what felt like hours (probably was actually 2...) we finished the crust. At least to the point where we had to toss it into the fridge to chill for 2 hrs up to 2 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment